Part two of this project consisted of pinpointing what this drill, that i’m designing had to have as a reall tool.
1. power- enough space in the housing for a standardised electromotor (R=5cm) as well as the battery
2. ergonomic design- comfortable to work with without any vibrations or uncomfortable hand positions
3. cost efficient- i’ve decided to put my drill in the 80-120 euro range
4. incorporate new technologies- technologies like inductive charging of the battery
5. has to look good!
So after i’ve decided on my goals i went on to the sketching phase of the project. Sketches range from small chickenscratches to bigger more complicated ones. These are only a few that i think are more important than the other ones as they show the trail of thought trough the proces.
These are more finalised drawings where i knew what i wanted. I’ve also started thinking about the stand/charger for the drill.
this week i’m starting on modeling the drill wich will also be the finalisation of the project. So i hope you’re all looking forward to that (i know i am).
As allways if you have a question or a comment please leave it down below. 🙂
Also please share the word 😉